Name Change Passport

Your passport must be current and accurate at all times as an international
traveler. If you have legally changed your name due to marriage, divorce, or
any other reason, you will need to change the name of your passport.
International regulations require all your identifying documents to match
exactly. We understand that the passport process can seem complicated, so
we’re here to help and to get you an updated passport as soon as possible.
U.S. Passport Name Change Application Requirements

You will need complete the passport name change process if:

  • You currently have an unexpired U.S. passport that was issued less
    than 1 year ago
  • You have legally changed your name and have legal documentation of a
    name change

If your passport was issued more than 1 year ago, you will need to apply for
a passport renewal with form DS-82, also including the legal documentation
of your name change as explained below.

It’s easy to apply for a name change with Tamar International.

1. Choose how quickly you need your passport:

Business Days

  • Same day: 350.00
  • 2-3 days: 200.00
  • 4-6 days: 160.00
  • 7-10 days: 115.00

**Processing times are business days which begin from day of submission to Department of State Passport Office.

2. Gather application requirements

You will need:

  • 1. DS-5504 OR DS-82 Form. Complete DS-5504 if your passport is less than
    1 year old. If it is more than 1 year old, complete DS-82. You only need to
    complete one form. You can complete these forms online at
    https://pptform.state.gov/. You will need two
  • 2. Travel itinerary. If you have a travel itinerary, include it with
    your other documentation. The date of printing must match the date on the DS
    form completion. Print two copies.
  • 3. Passport Photo. You will need two identical passport photos. The
    government requires your passport photo to be in color, printed on matte or
    glossy photo quality paper, 2×2 inches with the head sized between 1 inch
    and 1 3/8 inches, taken within 6 months, white background, full-face
    directly facing camera, eyes open, and neutral expression. Don’t wear tinted
    glasses, sunglasses, or headwear unless for religious or medical purposes.
    In that case, you will need to provide a letter explaining your reason for
    wearing it.
  • 4. Authorization Letter. We need a signed and dated letter authorizing
    us to act as your agent to expedite your name change. Print two copies.
  • 5. Documentation Required for Name Change. An original or certified copy
    of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order allowing for
    legal change of name is required. Photocopies are not acceptable.
  • 6. Current Passport. The U.S. Government requires your current, original
    passport in good condition.
  • 7. Government Fee. Provide a check or money order payable to “U.S.
    Department of State” for $60 with form DS-5504 or $170 with form DS-82.
    Temporary checks are not acceptable.

3. Ship to Tamar International

Don’t ship your documents to the address on the DS-11 form; ship to Tamar
International to have your passport name change expedited. We will finalize
the process. If you have any difficulties with your documentation, give us a
call at (646) 475-6463. We’re happy to provide personal specialized service.

Download tamar-international-letter-of-authorization