Lost/Stolen Passport

Even the most careful of travelers can have their passports stolen. It’s not
hard to lose your passport either, especially if you move or it’s been a
long time since you used it. If you find that your passport has been stolen,
is lost, or is permanently misplaced, you need to apply for a new passport.
We’ll help you get your passport quickly so even if you didn’t know your
passport was gone, you can have it in time for your next trip.

U.S. Lost/Stolen Passport Application Requirements

You will need to apply for a new U.S. passport if your current passport is
lost or stolen.

It’s easy to apply for a new passport with Tamar International.

1. Pay the fee:

Tamar International Fee: 350.00

2. Gather application requirements

You will need:

  • DS-11 Form. You can complete this form online at https://pptform.state.gov/. You will need two copies. Do not sign until instructed by an Acceptance Agent.
  • DS-64 Form. This form explains the reason for your lost or stolen passport.
  • Travel Itinerary. If you have a travel itinerary, include it with
    your other documentation. This may include a business letter, flight plans,
    hotel reservations, etc. Print two copies.
  • Passport Photo. The government requires your passport photo to be in color, printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper, 2×2 inches with the head sized between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches, taken within 6 months, white background, full-face directly facing camera, eyes open, and neutral expression. Don’t wear tinted glasses, sunglasses, or head wear unless for religious or medical purposes. In that case, you will need to provide a
    letter explaining your reason for wearing it.
  • Authorization Letter. We need a signed and dated letter allowing us to expedite your application for a new passport. Print two copies.
  • Proof of Identification. Copy of your valid driver’s license or other federal or state-issued photo ID, issued six months or older. Copy front and back of license.
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship. The U.S. Government requires proof of citizenship through an original state-issued or certified copy of your birth certificate or certificate of naturalization. These documents will be
    returned with your passport. Short forms or abstracts of your birth certificate are not acceptable.
  • Government Fee. Provide a check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State” for $170. Temporary checks are not acceptable. There is also a $25 execution fee separate from this fee. It is due when you sign
    your DS-11 form with an Acceptance Agent.
  • Acceptance Agent/Sealed Envelope. You must take all the application requirements to an approved acceptance facility to be executed by an Acceptance Agent, a federal official. They will instruct you to sign your application and put documents in a sealed envelope for you to send to Tamar International for expedited service.

3. Ship to Tamar International

Don’t ship your documents to the address on the DS-11 form; ship to Tamar International to have your lost/stolen passport replacement expedited. We will finalize the process. If you have any difficulties with your
documentation, give us a call at (646) 475-6463. We’re happy to provide personal specialized service.

Download tamar-international-letter-of-authorization