First Time Passport
If you’ve never had a passport before or you need a new passport, it can be
an overwhelming and confusing process. Tamar International makes it easy to
apply for a new passport. We will guide you through the process so you don’t
have to stress. With personalized service, we’ll help you apply for and
acquire your passport quickly.
U.S. New Passport Requirements
You are eligible for a new U.S. passport if:
- * You have never been issued a U.S. passport
- * Your expired passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- * Your expired passport was issued when you were under the age 16
- * You cannot legally document your name change from a previous U.S. passport
It’s easy to apply for a new passport with Tamar International.
1. Pay the fee.
First Time Passports have a one-time fee of $350.
2. Gather Application Requirements
You will need:
- 1. DS-11 Form. You can complete this form online at
https://pptform.state.gov/. You will need two
copies. Do not sign until instructed by an Acceptance Agent.
- 2. Find an acceptance facility at: https://tools.usps.com/go/ POLocatorAction.action
- 3. Travel Itinerary. Please include it with
your other documentation. Flight plans,
hotel reservations, etc. Print two copies. Proof of travel must show applicants name.
- 4. Passport Photo. The government requires your passport photo to be in
color, printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper, 2×2 inches with the
head sized between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches, taken within 6 months, white
background, full-face directly facing camera, eyes open, and neutral
expression. Don’t wear tinted glasses, sunglasses, or headwear unless for
religious or medical purposes. In that case, you will need to provide a
letter explaining your reason for wearing it.
- 5. Authorization Letter. We need a signed and dated letter allowing us
to expedite your application for a new passport. Print two copies.
- 6. Proof of Identification. We need a copy of your valid driver’s
license or other federal or state-issued photo ID, issued six months or
older. Copy front and back of license.
- 7. Proof of U.S. Citizenship. The U.S. Government requires proof of
citizenship through an original state-issued or certified copy of your birth
certificate or certificate of naturalization. These documents will be
returned with your passport. Short forms or abstracts of your birth
certificate are not acceptable.
- 8. Government Fee. Provide a check or money order payable to “U.S.
Department of State” for $170. Temporary checks are not acceptable. There is
also a $25 execution fee separate from this fee. It is due when you sign
your DS-11 form with an Acceptance Agent.
- 9. Acceptance Agent/Sealed Envelope. You must take all the application
requirements to an approved acceptance facility to be executed by an
Acceptance Agent, a federal official. They will instruct you to sign your
application and acceptance agent will put documents in a sealed envelope for you to give to Tamar
International for expedited service.
3. Ship to Tamar International
Don’t ship your documents to the address on the DS-11 form; ship to Tamar
International to have your new passport expedited. We will finalize the
process. If you have any difficulties with your documentation, give us a
call at (646) 475-6463. We’re happy to provide personal specialized service.