Childs Passport

Passports for Minors

Starting young on international travel is exciting, but also introduces
stress. We make it easy for you to apply for your child’s first passport so
you have one less thing to worry about. We’ll help you get your child’s
passport quickly, especially if traveling on short notice. There are extra
requirements for applying for a minor, but we’ll walk you through everything
so the process goes smoothly.

U.S. Child Passport Requirements

Your child is considered a minor and requires a child’s passport for
international travel if:

  • Your child is under age 16 (including newborns and infants)
  • Please contact TAMAR INTERNATIONAL if both parent cannot be present

It’s easy to apply for a child’s passport with Tamar International.

1. Pay the Fee.

Children’s Passports have a one-time fee of $350.

2. Gather Application Requirements

You will need:

  • DS-11 Form. You can complete this form online at https://pptform.state.gov/. You will need two
    copies. Do not sign until instructed by an Acceptance Agent.
  • Travel Itinerary. Please itinerary for your child’s trip, include it with your other documentation. This may include flight plans, hotel reservations, etc. Print two copies. Proof of travel must show applicants name.
  • Passport Photo. The government requires your child’s passport phototo be in color, printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper, 2×2 inches with the head sized between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches, taken within 6 months,
    white background, full-face directly facing camera, eyes open, and neutral expression. Don’t wear tinted glasses, sunglasses, or head wear unless for religious or medical purposes. In that case, you will need to provide a letter explaining your reason for wearing it. More direction for photographing infants and children is available here: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/photos/frequently-asked-questions.html
  • Authorization Letter. We need a letter signed and dated by both parents allowing us to expedite your application for a child’s passport. Print two copies.
  • Proof of Identification. Both parents must present copies of their driver’s licenses or other government issued valid photo ID. Print front and back.
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship. The U.S. Government requires proof of citizenship through an original state-issued or certified copy of your child’s birth certificate or certificate of naturalization. Both parents must prove legal guardianship through 1) the child’s birth certificate with both parents’ names, 2) the adoption decree with both parents’ names, or 3) a court order establishing custody or guardianship. These documents will be returned with your passport. Short forms or abstracts of your birth certificate are not acceptable.
  • Government Fee. Provide a check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State” for $140. Temporary checks are not acceptable. There is also a $25 execution fee separate from this fee. It is due when you sign
    your DS-11 form with an Acceptance Agent.
  • Acceptance Agent/Sealed Envelope. You must take all the application requirements to an approved acceptance facility to be executed by an Acceptance Agent, a federal official. They will instruct you to sign your application and acceptance agent will put documents in a sealed envelope for you to give to Tamar International for expedited service.

3. Ship to Tamar International

Don’t ship your documents to the address on the DS-11 form; ship to Tamar International to have your child’s passport expedited. We will finalize the process. If you have any difficulties with your documentation, give us a
call at (646) 475-6463. We’re happy to provide personal specialized service.

Download tamar-international-letter-of-authorization